Thursday, September 13, 2012

Politics Are Not Good For My High Blood Pressure!

As a dialysis patient I contine to struggle with keeping my blood pressure at a nice healthy level.  In fact, sometimes when I get my pressure to a REALLY good level I have horrible headaches. Crazy, huh?  I take Amlodopine, which has been helping, and I have been running consistently, so that helps as well.  What doesn't help? P.O.L.I.T.I.C.S.  Namely, ignorant posts from both sides.
Okay, I'll admit it.  Out of Romney and Obama, my vote is for Obama.  But I have some good reasons for that, and being a dialysis patient is one of them. One, I rely on Medicare, because not one insurance company will pay long term for dialysis.  And unless I get a kidney soon, I will still be relying on dialysis to keep me alive.  Romney and Ryan aren't exactly friendly with the "Obamacare" plan, even though it was based on Romney's health care reform in Massachusetts.  Say Romney does get in, he and his Republican pals overturn the health care reform, I have a preexisting condition.  Which means Romney's fat cat insurance companies can either turn me down for coverage, or charge me an exorbitant amount, which I will not be able to afford. Then boom, I will do my best to continue, but if my life depends on having a butt-load of money, it's been nice knowing you!  Two, once again, I do not have a butt-load of money, so I'm in the wrong tax bracket for Romney.  I mean, he wants to squeeze more money out of the group of working people that can barely afford to pay for the necessities, forget the luxuries.  And the rich...well, let's just say he won't be punishing them by expecting them to forgo their vacation homes, Caiman Island bank accounts and  pay their share of taxes.  The Republicans are desperate to get Romney in office because Obama has already declared that the wealthy need to contribute their fair share to the growth of the American economy.  Oh hell no! What?! The wealthy pay their share??? Obama got to go! The Republicans in Congress have even admitted that their main priority is getting Obama out of office, not repairing the economy by helping to create more jobs, or any other positive program that Obama has initiated.  Hell, Romney said let Detroit car companies go bankrupt, let the middle class continue to lose their homes in foreclosures, it will be fine, the country would recover.  I noticed that his life would not be affected; he doesn't care if American jobs are outsourced to other countries.  That's good for his business--the business of lining his own pockets! That's how he made the bulk  of his money folks, at least the money that he didn't inherit from his rich parents.  I don't know Romney, I never would know Romney or his circle of friends, and I would be thrown out of their country club.  So why would I vote for him?  Three, I am a WOMAN.  The Republican party is not very favorable to the woman this election.  What would you do if you had been a victim of a horribe crime--rape?  And when you found yourself pregnant, you are told that it couldn't have been a "legitimate" rape if your body carries the fetus from your attacker.  If it was "legitimate" rape, your body would just naturally abort the fetus, so on some level you must have wanted it.  Right, Representative Todd Akin? Oh, and a man can tell me what I can do with my body, including planned parenthood.  I am firmly against abortion...but that is my personal decision for myself.  I do not presume to write my personal beliefs into a stone tablet for all to follow.  That's God's job, and last time I checked, God is not Republican.  Jesus would have been in the wrong tax bracket to be a successful Republican.  Jesus did not own real estate, and his method of transportation was his own two feet,  so how does the Republican party represent him?! Roe vs. Wade actually has helped women control what happens to their body, and not just in abortion.  What about a woman who disagrees with her husbands and doctors and fights to KEEP her baby?  It happened.  A woman who had tried for several years with her husband finally conceived and then found out she had cancer. Cancer, people! Instead of aborting the fetus and undergoing treatment, she opted to keep her baby and rejected chemotherapy.  Her husband and doctor actually took her to court to FORCE her to have an abortion against her wishes.  Luckily, Roe vs. Wade was there for her.  She got to keep her baby.  And like hell someone is going to tell me what to do with my body, so go take a long walk off a short pier Republicans! I used to proudly claim to be a Republican, but recently I had to change my party.
 I have found that there is not one perfect party...there is not one perfect person.  But that's okay, we're not a perfect nation.  But until we come together to help each other, not ourselves, we will FAIL! Why are so many going hungry, without jobs, without homes, and so many on the other side of the spectrum with several extravagant houses and cars, vacation homes in other countries, and a complete lack of concern for the direction our country is headed for?  When did we try to pigeon hole everyone into one type of religion and thrive on hate between cultures without concern for the pain caused by blind intolerance? When will we realize that unless we change our views and our lifestyles we are most likely going to destroy our planet?  The almighty dollar will tear us apart, from limb to limb if we let it.  Why can't we have the Star Trek society?  Everyone works, is a useful part of society, but everyone does it for a higher reward such as knowledge.  The necessities are taken care of, because we take care of each other, and live for the highest ideals.  Yep, I'm a Trekkie.  That is probably why society today disgusts me so intensely at times.  Get rid of alcohol, get rid of drugs, and develop better medicine. (I'll take that pill that grows me a new kidney any day!) Sigh. It is finished, I will stop my ranting.  Most likely I will pull out some old Star Treks, they seem to help me escape the insanity beautifully.  Engage!

No comments:

Post a Comment